Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Slither poster contest

I really liked the movie Slither. It was written and directed by James Gunn. He has a website and blogsite. His webmaster ran a contest last month and I had some time on my hands so I entered. The contest requested that folks that "follow" www.jamesgunn.com enter a logo image of sorts. You can see more details here.
I decided to do this mostly because quite a few years ago I was commissioned to create a logo/mascot for a prep school in Manhattan. The mascot was a wolverine. I was asked by the art director to make a cute wolverine. I'm sure you realize that wolverines are not cute. Well, neither is the aye-aye. Far from it.

The great thing about this project is that, knowing James Gunn, I didn't have to soften the look of this creature. I just made a cartoon logo similar to my wolverine attempt and made it as ugly as I could without losing the geometricity (i know that is not a word. but you understand).
So, to conclude, I'm a winner. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment