Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Casting Call for The Preacher Film Adaptation

As you can see from my title of this posting I am performing the biggest WASTE of time undertaking anyone should ever attempt to attempt. That's right! I'm Casting a movie based on a beloved comic series.

I'm sorry.

I recently heard through the twitterverse that director D.J Caruso has been self-named the helmsperson for a film adaptation of DC/Vertigo's The Preacher (by Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon). Usually, I toss up my arms in disgust and proselytize to the nearest set of ears to why comics-to-film is the worst idea EVER (if anything, they should ALL be turned into serialized television). Truth is, I'm getting older and I'm trying to save my strength to complain about more important things. I still have not been able to figure out what those important things are.

As I was saying, I have imagined my ideal casting for the film version of one of my favorite sequential storylines and I hope you will amuse and forgive me.

This could be my lowest point.

Genesis told me to do it.

Feel free to search the actors on your own time. I'm way too busy worrying about how Hollywood will crap all over the re-re-relaunching of Superman and then some bonehead's idea of Clark Kent: The Musical.

Posted via email from dawlism

No comments:

Post a Comment