Thursday, April 01, 2010

Tis the season

Since this is the season for all sorts of comic, music and craft festivals I thought I'd share an old festival poster I created for a Classic City buddy. This was, obviously, in 2005. I like the idea I had with this poster but I would DEFINITELY do it MUCH different now. Primarily, NOT using stock art and maybe adding one more color. Also, reworking the type layout. And more open spaces. Basically, I would redo the entire thing (HEY! This was 5 years ago. Give me a break).


I was living in Athens, GA with my ladyfriend at the time (who I married) and working at a local t-shirt design firm. It was hecka fun living and working down there, but I've never been a huge fan of festivals (other than craft beer festivals) so I didn't attend this local event. 

Shame on me. 

I know. 

In my defense, it was held on my birthday, so I'm sure my ladyfriend and I were doing something dawlism-related. For those of you who don't know: Dawlism-related has less to do with local music festivals featuring pseudo-hippie bands and more to do with things that don't smell like sweaty, dirty bacon wrapped in patchouli.

Posted via email from dawlism

No comments:

Post a Comment