Saturday, February 06, 2010

Sleep

This is the big Xmas 2009 gift I made for my wife. We finally put it up on the wall last weekend. This concept was initially created a year ago for a proposed HOW Design book (hence the different art style). My wife saw it and loved it so much that I tucked that info away for a later time. I reworked it and added our cats, Loki (top) and Tanuki and made it into a triptych. Not sure if I like the way it is organized on the wall, but for now I'm happy with it (since we have old lathe and plaster walls and it's a pain in the ass to nail anything up).
If we ever have a child this will go in her bedroom since it heavily promotes slumber. Right now it is in the living room which could cause our guests to yawn. Hopefully, because of the message and not because it is a boring piece. Most likely it is due to the fact that the conversation is dull. For that I will blame my wife. On that note, it is time to wrap this up.
It was printed by the fine people at CanvasPop. I'm working on another (TOP SECRET!) commission piece with them, which will be the 3rd one. The first one was this. I Highly recommend their services.

Posted via email from dawlism

3 comments:

  1. That is really cool. So the images were printed on canvas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Hi-res digital printing on canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wondering it is looks amazing!i like the images printade on canvas !

    ReplyDelete