Sunday, February 01, 2009

My latest post

This last Xmas I was given this splendid Winsor McCay comic from the McCay Features Syndicate…Publishers, copyright 1945. I wanted to share it and I finally had a moment of time to do so. I hope you like. whoever you are.
It is chock full of demented adventure a la McCay. The penwork is so gorgeous. I have yet to see the collected work and I assume that the content of this publication is supplied in the So Many Splendid Sundays book.
I would have thought that this would have been an expensive purchase, but from what the giver expressed to me, that is not the case. So, I may be in possession of something potentially lucrative. Not sure. If someone knows, please tell me. I'm lacking in collectable knowledge and the internet is tiresome.

Please note that I realize my postings are sporadic, at best. I've been truly busy working on personal projects and working at work and also trying to find time to take care of myself with sleep. I will be posting more of my work soon, but most of the stuff I'm working on will have to wait until I get approval. I know you understand.



Also, I'm shaving my head for The St. Baldricks Foundation (helps raise awareness and funds for childhod cancer research and fellowship). I've already exceeded my goal and have been thoroughly impressed by my fellow human's willingness to give. The Immonens offered up a splendid event to gain a nice chunk for the cause. As did my employer and so many other folks with their generous gifts (so awesome to see folks gift money to a worthy cause in such a tough economic slump- truth is, 'cancer don't take no vacation'). Thank you all!
The event of my noggin shaving will take place on March 29, 2009 (9 weeks from the day of this post). For my last week of dawleylockes I will also be dying my hair green to go along with the Irish theme. I am still accepting money gifts if you feel the need. If you can't donate at this time then please forward the information to more people and we can keep this ball rollin'! Let me know if you have any questions. I will be posting more progress here as I go. And possibly even a sketch or two of me without hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment