Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Real Estate Guide Redesign '07


Real Estate Guide Redesign '07
Originally uploaded by bldawley.

ok. My dayjob is at a small publishing firm in Central NY. I came into the job replacing the previous graphic designer and working off her templates and stylesheets. After around 6 months of doing the same thing over and over again, the head sales dude got shitcanned. Believe me when I tell you that every idea I tried to run up the flagpole was knocked down by this salesguy. Now that he's gone I pretty much applied all the things I ever wanted to do to this publication*. And I feel for the better.
Each cover, instead of being a scenic view of a field or lake, will be used as advertising space and the contents have been relocated to the front to make room for more ads inside.
Also: each time the season changes, the color scheme and background image changes. Winter = light blue/snowflakes, Spring = kelly green/daisies, Summer = yellow/suns, Autumn = orange/leaves.

*the only thing I couldn't do was make the interior print margins wider. The printer wouldn't let me budge.

No comments:

Post a Comment