Thursday, May 04, 2006

Quick Like Mercury!

So,...I have an in house job.

I have been recently employed by Richfield Springs Mercury newspaper as a graphic designer. I didn't anticipate myself working at a paper, let alone my hometown. It's kind of surreal in way.
Funny story: I went in to the office of this place to introduce myself as "a local illustrator available to be outsourced" and before I left my house to do so I checked out their website to bone up on their product and, low and behold, there was a position open for the before referenced designer. So, I went in like I was all "in the know" about the position. Which I was, actually, I just didn't expect it.
I am thoroughly enjoying myself and getting used to the 9-5 schedule. I'm becoming more active and getting re-acquainted with Adobe Indesign. Very nice folk to work around and they seem to be serious about creative thinking and open to suggestion. Although, they don't have Adobe Illustrator, which is my program of choice. It would benefit a lot of text effects and fluidity of production, as well as teaching the rest of the production crew a new program. I think I will preach this gospel when I get more acquainted.

That's it for now. I know I haven't posted in a while, but this new position is full time and my after hours creativity is used up on freelance projects, so blogging is a close 4th in creative importance. Graphic novelization is (hopefully) 3rd.

Laids,

BLD

No comments:

Post a Comment